Alejandro Cobar is a multi-platform DBA (with a stronger focus in SQL Server), with a passion to automate stuff as much as possible to make things work for the greater good. In 2020 he contributed a series of articles, using PowerShell, to help DBAs take care of their DB Infrastructure in a holistic approach.
In 2021 he will be releasing a series of PowerShell articles to help DBAs tackle specific tasks in their day-to-day work, and hopefully add a ton of value to them.
He has several certifications under his belt, being the latest one the MCSE: Data Management and Analytics (2020).
His focus is on the following aspects of SQL Server:
- Guide the customer with the best alternatives and practices when new SQL Server deployments are required.
- Install and configure all supported versions of SQL Server and components.
- Install, configure and maintain High Availability/DR solutions.
- Plan, test, and deploy service pack installations and version upgrades.
- Design, implement, and support backup and recovery plans including scripting and scheduling.
- Migration of databases, database objects, and users.
- Databases refresh on Dev/Test/QA environments.
- Participate in DR drills exercises.
- Provide expert diagnostic analysis and resolution for all database operational problems that arise.
- Performance tuning and query optimization for large production environments.
- SQL Server DBA workbook creation and maintenance, including up to date procedures and how-tos.
- Deployment of custom crafted scripts to monitor specific areas of the environment under my support (backups, mirroring status, always on availability groups status, disk drives usage, resources utilization by the SQL Server process).
Hobbies: Play Nintendo Switch with my daughter.