😙😵🤐 HAS your Facebook account been restricted? You're not alone – and there are plenty of reasons why it could happen.
😙😵🤐 Restricting an account can also affect several different parts of the app, so it's very serious.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
😙😵🤐 It typically removes key features, equivalent to a temporary ban.
😙😵🤐 This can include seeing or sharing posts, liking comments or pages, sending messages or adding new friends.
😙😵🤐 Facebook typically restricts accounts if you've done something in violation of Community Standards.
😙😵🤐 Normally you'd get a warning for a first offence, but repeated rule-breakages can result in a restriction.
😙😵🤐 The Facebook rules are split into six broad categories.
😙😵🤐 These are:
- Violence and criminal behaviour
- Objectionable content
- Integrity and authenticity
- Respecting intellectual property
- Content-related requests and decisions
😙😵🤐 If you've been restricted, have a think back to recent actions you've taken on your account.
😙😵🤐 You may have been restricted for abuse, sharing copyrighted material, being underage, or promoting violence.
😙😵🤐 The rules are broad and far-reaching, so it's possible you didn't even realise you were breaking one.
😙😵🤐 You can check out the full list of Facebook Community Standards here.
😙😵🤐 "The consequences for violating our Community Standards vary depending on the severity of the violation," said Facebook.
😙😵🤐 "And the person's history on the platform.
😙😵🤐 "For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation.
😙😵🤐 "But if they continue to violate our policies, we may restrict their ability to post on Facebook or disable their profile."
😙😵🤐 Facebook also occasionally seems to restrict people for no obvious reason.
😙😵🤐 If you think you're been mistakenly restricted, the best thing to do is file an appeal.
😙😵🤐 You can send your appeal here:
- Facebook appeal – click here
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered...
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to use your iPhone's Apple logo as a BUTTON
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
😙😵🤐 In other news, is Facebook spying on you through your phone?
😙😵🤐 Beware these WiFi network names if you use an iPhone.
😙😵🤐 Instagram is making it easier for you to publicly display your pronouns on your profile.
😙😵🤐 Facebook is facing backlash in the US over plans to create a version of Instagram for children under 13.
😙😵🤐 And, China is claiming to be a world leader in 6G technology, according to reports.
😙😵🤐 We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]